After the Ride
- Return horse to wash rack.
- Place halter around the horse's neck to secure horse and
- Remove bridle.
- Adjust halter properly on Horse’s head.
- Hang bridle on bridle rack
- Remove girth from saddle and lay it over the seat of the saddle.
- Remove saddle and pad and place on saddle rack.
- If horse is sweaty, you must rinse the horse, When rinsing, pay
attention to the underside of the horse and behind the tail. Start with
the feet and work your way up.
- Use sweat scraper to gently remove excess water. If horse is not
sweaty, you may simply brush the saddle and girth area.
- Check the horses temperature and condition. If the animal is
still hot or breathing hard, you must walk the horse until he has
cooled satisfactorily. Ask instructor if unsure.
- Wipe face with clean damp cloth.
- Spray the horse with fly spray, paying close attention to the
legs and underside of the horse.
- Replace fly mask (under halter).
- Return horse to stall or paddock.
- Return to wash rack and sweep to remove water and dirt.
- Rinse off the bit.
- Return tack and toolbox to their proper place in the tack room.